Plastic use in the Signage and Display Industry
Plastic materials play a significant role in the signage and display industry, offering a wide array of benefits that make them popular choices for various applications. From indoor displays to outdoor signage, plastics provide versatility, durability, and cost-effectiveness. Here are some common types of plastic used in the signage and display industry:
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride): PVC is a widely used plastic in the signage industry. It comes in both rigid and flexible forms, making it suitable for a variety of applications. Rigid PVC sheets are used for durable outdoor signs and display boards, while flexible PVC is commonly used for banners and roll-up displays.
- Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate is known for its high impact resistance and strength. It is used for safety signs, protective coverings, and outdoor displays that require extra durability. Polycarbonate signage can withstand harsh weather conditions, making it suitable for long-term outdoor use.
- PETG (Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol-modified): PETG is a transparent plastic with good impact resistance and durability. It is often used for clear signage, display cases, and retail displays, as it provides excellent visibility and protection for products.
- Polypropylene (PP): Polypropylene is a versatile plastic used for both indoor and short-term outdoor signage. It is lightweight, water-resistant, and available in various thicknesses, making it suitable for display boards, banners, and retail signage.
- Acrylic (PMMA): Acrylic, also known as Plexiglas or Perspex, is a commonly used plastic in the signage industry. It is transparent, lightweight, and has excellent optical clarity, making it ideal for indoor and outdoor applications. Acrylic signs and displays can be laser-cut to achieve intricate designs and are available in various colours and thicknesses.
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Foam: EPS foam is a lightweight and cost-effective material used for indoor displays, trade show exhibits, and temporary signs. It can be easily shaped and carved into various designs, offering versatility in display applications.
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE): HDPE is a durable plastic that can withstand UV exposure and harsh weather conditions. It is often used for outdoor signs and display boards, especially in marine environments and areas with high moisture content.
Plastics are advantageous in the signage and display industry for several reasons:
- Versatility: Plastic materials can be moulded, cut, and shaped into various forms, allowing for a wide range of creative and customisable signage designs.
- Durability: Many plastic materials used in signage are resistant to weather, UV rays, and corrosion, ensuring long-lasting performance even in outdoor environments.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Plastic signage is generally more affordable than alternatives like metal or wood, making it an attractive option for businesses and organisations on a budget.
- Lightweight: Plastic signs and displays are lighter than many other materials, making them easier to transport, install, and move as needed.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Plastics offer a wide range of colours and finishes, providing design flexibility and the ability to match branding elements.
Overall, plastics provide a practical and reliable solution for the signage and display industry, enabling businesses, retailers, and organisations to effectively communicate their messages and showcase their products in a visually appealing manner.
For more information on our range of plastic sheet material, please get in touch on 01727 863138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.