What is Flame Retardant ABS?
Flame Retardant ABS plastic sheets boast a vertical burn test classification UL94 V,0 making them the ideal plastic sheet material for fire safety-critical applications such as in airports, public buildings and garages. It is also suitable for automotive applications where improved ignition resistance is required.
Pinseal embossed FR ABS (Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene-Copolymers) sheets are one of the most versatile thermoplastic sheets available, particularly amongst the tough and thick gauge plastic sheets for thermoforming. Ignition-resistant ABS has a textured, scratch-resistant, fire-retardant surface and is available from stock in black and white.
- Ignition resistant, registered to vertical burn test classification UL94 V,0
- High impact strength and rigidity
- Strong resistance to chemical corrosion
- Excellent abrasion/scratch resistance
- Excellent electrical properties
- Easily machined to close tolerances by drilling, die-cutting, sawing, turning, milling, or shearing.
- Ideal plastic for vacuum forming and fabrication.
- Available from stock in 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm and 6mm thickness.
- Overhead luggage compartments
- Cabin interiors
- Machine guards
- Protective covers
- Glare shields
- Public buildings