Did you know – Our Acrylic Capped ABS is UV-Resistant?
Co-extruding impact-modified polymethyl methacrylate, or acrylic to us mortals, with our high-impact Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, produces PMMA-ABS which offer a high degree of UV stability to the front surface. This means that it’s the perfect solution to high-impact external applications such as; vehicle roofs, engine cowl covers, body panels for industrial and agricultural machinery, doors, exterior panels for the leisure market, caravans and camper vans, exterior point of sale (POS) and also outdoor signage. Our sheets are engineered to withstand the effects of weathering in outdoor applications, or where products are exposed to the effects of UV light, such as sunbeds and clean room environments.
Due to the unique nature of Acrylic Capped ABS, it is fully vacuum formable, ultra-high gloss levels and printable, which is the main reason why it was used in the original Star Wars films – keep a look out for Darth Vader and his Storm Troopers!
• Excellent UV Resistance
• Highly scratch-resistant
• Available next-day in high gloss
• Also available in semi-gloss, semi-matt and matt surfaces
• Smooth and textured finishes are also available upon request
• Excellent impact strength and toughness
• Extensive range of colours available
• Ease of thermoforming
• Sheet size of 2500 x 1250 – next day delivery
• Range of colours – next day delivery
• Cut to size available – next day delivery
• Colour: Custom Colours! Over 12,000 in-house colours or colour matched to your requirements
• Thickness: 1.5mm to 9mm
• Widths: 350mm to 2100mm
• Lengths: 350mm to 3000mm
• Finishes: Smooth or Textured
• Delivery: Approximately 2-3 weeks from colour approval
Stephen Webster Plastics are the market leader in thermoformable plastics for a reason. We continue to invest in the products that you require, in our team to ensure they’re continually learning and in our customer relationships. We still work with many of the loyal companies that bought from us in the 1970’s and there aren’t many companies that can claim that. Offering a big business capability with a customer-focussed mentality ensures that we build long-term partnerships meaning you can spend less time worrying about whether you’ll receive consistent quality and service, and more time doing what you do best.
Whatever the application, call or E-mail us today. #wednesdaywisdom #ABS #thermoplastic